This online Safer Recruitment in Education course covers implementing safer recruitment processes in an education setting, including applicant information packs, interviews, pre-appointment vetting and post-appointment practices, as well as providing an overview of current statutory guidance and legislation.
You may prefer to choose our broader online Safer Recruitment Training for hiring staff that work in any type of organisation that works with or supports children, young people and adults at risk.
£25.00 + VAT
Bulk Buy Discounts
10+ courses - Save 10%
20+ courses - Save 15%
50+ courses - Save 20%
75+ courses - Save 25%
100+ courses - Save 30%
Volume discount applied at checkout
This module covers safer recruitment in education, exploring relevant laws and guidelines and includes case studies on the risks of neglecting these practices and the value of robust recruitment strategies.
This module offers a concise guide to the education sector's recruitment process, focusing on essential elements of a job application pack and the role of references, including spotting warning signs.
This module teaches how to evaluate application packs and identify ideal candidates, manage references and self-disclosure forms and offers strategies for shortlisting to ensure only top candidates advance to the interview stage.
This module guides you through essential interview preparation, including panel selection, active listening techniques during interviews and strategies for dealing with them professionally.
This module covers the necessary pre-hiring checks in education, focusing on the vetting process, DBS checks, managing a Single Central Record and verifying a candidate's professional status.
This module emphasises ongoing safer recruitment practices post-hire, covering induction training development, monitoring of new staff and volunteers and managing any concerns as well as confidential reporting for new employees.
Schools Trust Us
"I found the course engaging and not at all difficult to understand. Practical aspects, such as logging-on and resumption were perfectly straightforward. Thank you for presenting this difficult subject in a calm and measured way."
Barbara Hart, Victoria Park Infant School
"The Safeguarding in Education course provided a vast amount of information and advice to enable me to feel more confident and knowledgeable about this subject when I am teaching or working in an educational establishment. It was easy to use with the ability to revisit previous pages if more clarification was needed. I recommend this course."
Amanda Moretta, Levenshulme High School
- Instant access to courses
- Training can be taken any time – no need for staff to even be on site
- Takes between 1-2 hours to complete
- Courses can be taken 24/7 online or on mobile devices
- Cheaper than face-to-face training
- No need to take time out of work to undertake training
- No requirements for minimum or maximum group sizes
- Retrieve centrally held online certificates at the touch of a button
- Downloadable Excel reports so you can monitor completion
- Individual, personalised certificates can be downloaded and printed
- Automated reminders when training is due for renewal
- Courses can be stopped and restarted at any point
- Course notes and resources available for the duration of certification
- Friendly, UK-based customer support centre in case you have any queries
- Regularly updated to meet legislation changes
- Provides information specific to the education sector
Why not try another course?
£35.00 + VAT per course
Discounts apply for multiple purchases
An online child protection course for the Designated Safeguarding Lead Person who has already completed an Introduction course.
£25.00 + VAT per course
Discounts apply for multiple purchases
Online e-Safety training for the education sector, introducing key e-Safety issues, risks and how to use social media for parental engagement.
£195 + VAT per Primary School per year
£295 + VAT per Secondary School per year
Ensure that all of your staff have read and understood Keeping Children Safe In Education.
Why use our Learning Management System
Call us today at 01327 552030!