£195 + VAT per Primary School per year £295 + VAT per Secondary School per year
The Keeping Children Safe in Education course is designed to help you quickly and easily ensure that all of your staff have read and understood the statutory documentation.
This course covers Part 1 and Annex B of the statutory guidance "Keeping Children Safe In Education". All staff working in schools in England must read at least Part 1. School and college leaders and those staff who work directly with children should also read Annex B.
This short module explains how to use the Keeping Children Safe In Education course.
You will be able to select whether you require Part 1 and Annex B of the course i.e. you work directly with children, or otherwise just Part 1 only.
This module provides the full details of Part 1 of Keeping Children Safe in Education including:
- What school and college staff should know and do
- A child centred and coordinated approach to safeguarding
- The role of school and college staff
- What school and college staff need to know
- What school and college staff should look out for
- What school and college staff should do if they have concerns about a child
- Female Genital Mutilation mandatory reporting duty for teachers
- Record keeping
- Why is all of this important?
- What school and college staff should do if they have concerns about another staff member who may pose a risk of harm to children
- What school or college staff should do if they have concerns about safeguarding practices within the school or college
- Indicators of abuse and neglect
- Specific safeguarding issues
This module provides the full details of Annex B of Keeping Children Safe in Education including:
- Child abduction and community safety incidents
- Children and the court system
- Children missing from education
- Children with family members in prison
- Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE) and Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- County lines
- Modern Slavery and the National Referral Mechanism
- Domestic abuse
- So-called 'honour-based' abuse
- Forced Marriage
- Preventing radicalisation
- The Prevent Duty
- Peer on peer abuse / child on child abuse
- Sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges
- The response to a report of sexual violence or sexual harassment
- Additional advice and support
The final module will allow you to show you have read and understood the statutory guidance.
Once you have passed your assessment, you will be able to download your certificate. Your pass rate will be 70% but don’t worry if you do not pass the first time, as you can take the test multiple times.
This section contains a range of useful downloadable materials including:
- A full copy of Keeping Children Safe in Education
- A copy of Part 1 and Annex A of Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Actions where there are concerns about a child - flow chart
- Additional advice and support
Details / Benefits
Ensuring all of your staff have read and understood the statutory guidance can be a time-consuming process. Our online training course can save you days of administration.
Just upload the names and email addresses of your staff and the system does the rest. Staff can take the training 24/7 and system will automatically chase anyone who has not yet completed the training.
A single fee of £195 for primary schools and £295 for secondary schools covers all of your staff for a whole year.
You can retrieve centrally held online training certificates at the touch of a button. So when Ofsted visit, you can readily demonstrate that all staff have read and understood "Keeping Children Safe in Education"
- Automated reminders when training is due for renewal
- Courses can be stopped and restarted at any point
- Course notes and resources available for the duration of certification
- Downloadable Excel reports so you can monitor completion
- Friendly, UK-based customer support centre in case you have any queries
Schools Trust Us
“Fantastic way to train, found the system very easy to use and all the information was very useful. Have done several online training packages but this is definitely the best.”
Very informative and plenty of information provided. Lots of reading but worth it.
The Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance applies to all schools in England and is for:
- headteachers, teachers and staff
- governing bodies, proprietors and management committees
It sets out the legal duties you must follow to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people under the age of 18 in schools and colleges.
All school and college staff should read part 1 of this guidance. School and college leaders and those staff who work directly with children should also read Annex B.
The key advantages of the Keeping Children Safe in Education online training course are:
- The training ensures that your staff have not only read but also understood the guidance.
- The management system can you save you days of time. It will automatically chase staff who have not taken the training and will build a central record of all completed training.
- When Ofsted visit you can readily demonstrate compliance.
A single licence covers everyone within a school to take the training for a year. The cost is £195 for primary schools and £295 for secondary schools.
N.B. If your school is part of a multi-academy trust (MAT), please contact us for MAT pricing.
Why use our Learning Management System
Call us today at 01327 552030!