New for this year, the General Dental Council has introduced an Enhanced CPD scheme outlining new continuing professional development requirements for dentists in the United Kingdom. These changes include:
- A requirement for all dental professionals to deliver an annual statement of CPD hours completed that year, even if zero hours have been completed
- Increasing the number of verifiable hours most dental professionals should complete
- A requirement to spread CPD hours more evenly across a 5-year cycle, and
- The need for dental professionals to link their learning activity to at least one of the GDC Development Outcomes
Delivered completely online, with the option to pause and re-start whenever you need to, our dental-specific online safeguarding training courses are recommended by the British Dental Association and each course will provide you with 3 hours CPD:
- The Introduction to Adult/Child Protection course is in line with Level 1 of Safeguarding children and young people: roles and competences for health care staff (Intercollegiate Document) and links to the General Dental Council Development Outcome A
- The Further Adult/Child Protection course is in line with Level 2 of Safeguarding children and young people: roles and competences for health care staff (Intercollegiate Document) and again links to the General Dental Council Development Outcome A
You can download a certificate valid for 2 years upon completion of each course, and our bespoke online management system enables teams to keep a central record of completed training. With the option to schedule automatic reminders and the ability to view course content at any time throughout the duration of certification, the Child Protection Company has made CPD simple for thousands of dental staff in the UK over the past decade.
We also provide trainers for the face-to-face safeguarding courses delivered at BDA’s London offices on Wimpole Street. The next course is on Friday 23rd February 2018. For more information, or to book onto the course, please contact Fiona Feltham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While dentists are the only people affected by these new rules initially, the same rules will apply to all other dental professionals from 1st August 2018 – so if you haven’t done already, we’d advise reviewing the new scheme today, in order to make the best decisions while planning your dental team’s CPD for 2018. You can review the full document of changes online by visiting the General Dental Council’s website.
Our dental safeguarding courses are the perfect solution for busy dental teams. There’s more information about our British Dental Association-recommended online safeguarding courses on our website. Click here to access module guides, pricing, and more.