Skip to content Scroll To Top
- Ofsted records show that there are 2,074 registered children’s homes in England offering a total of 11,765 places.
- There are 16 secure children’s homes offering 281 places.
- Approximately 75% of homes are privately run.
- The annual fess per child can total £200,00.
- There is a high density of children’s homes in Blackpool, Margate, Rochdale and Worthing. These are areas were large properties tender to be cheap.
- 45% of children are placed in care homes outside of their own home borough.
- Police figures show an estimated 10,000 children go missing from care every year, whereas Government statistics show just 930.