Parents talking with their children about e-Safety is an important part of teaching this life-skill to children and young people, but starting conversations might not always come easy. Netsmatz.org have suggested some conversation starters:
- What do you know about online predators?
- Have you ever met anyone online who asked you to meet face-to-face?
- What would/did you do if someone asked to meet you in person?
- Has anyone ever tried talking to you online about inappropriate or sexual things? What did you do?
- How might someone online try to gain your trust?
- Why might someone online want to gain your trust? What are the possible risks of trusting them?
- Why is it important that you come to me if someone makes you feel uncomfortable online?
For further information on teaching your children about using the internet safely take a look at our e-Safety for Parents online training coures