Recent research for the Vodafone Ireland Foundation found some interesting data from their survey of 4-11 year olds, who they questioned about the internet:
- Many children struggle to tell the difference between “offline” and “online” friends, with almost a quarter saying they would like to meet their online friends.
- More than half believe it’s alright to look at any videos and photos they find on the internet.
- Seventy-five per cent correctly associate the internet with their computer or have a sense that the internet is everywhere.
- Eight out of 10 also admitted they have to follow rules when using a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- 77% said their parents taught them about the internet.
The research also surveyed parents and found that almost 4 out of 10 felt they did not have enough support to help them teach their children about e-Safety.
To learn more about e-Safety for parents take a look at our online training course