With the first person in Britain having being recently sentenced for Cyberstalking, Internet safety experts Get Safe Online have offered some tips on how to protect yourself and your family.
Their safety tips include:
- Review what online information exists about you and keep it to a minimum
- Regularly change your e-mail and passwords for key online accounts and keep them safe
- Review all your privacy and security settings
- Avoid public forums
- Ensure that your computer and mobile devices have updated antispyware software installed and turned on
- Ensure your wireless hub/router has security turned on.
- Unless you are using a secure web page, do not send or receive private information when using public WiFi
- Limit the personal and financial information you share on or offline
- Educate friends, family and work colleagues into the risks