This is an online child protection training course specifically developed for the nominated child protection lead (senior designated person) and deputy who have already completed an Introduction to Child Protection course.
The course will provide you with essential information on:
- What is involved in the role of a senior designated person
- Child protection legislation and processes
- Working with both statutory and non-statutory agencies
- Identifying concerns/making referrals
- Handling allegations and complaints
The course comprises of eight modules followed by an assessment to test understanding. It should take between 1-2 hours to complete, although it can be stopped, paused and restarted at any time. Click here for a full course breakdown.
The course is compliant with local Safeguarding Children Board’s (SCB) requirements as detailed in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010 and “What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused” 2006.
On successful completion you can download a personalised Training Course Certificate, which is valid for 2 years.
A dental version of this course is also available and can be selected when the course is started.