The online Introduction to Child Protection course from the ChildProtectionCompany.com is a general safeguarding course suitable for everyone who has contact with children, parents or families as part of their work (paid or voluntary). The training course gives an introduction to this important subject and on completion of this course the learner will:
- Have an awareness of the range of legislation and guidance surrounding safeguarding and the protection of children.
- Be able to define the different types of child abuse.
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of the range of indicators of abuse and neglect.
- Be aware of the effects of personal values and attitudes towards abuse.
- Understand their responsibility to report concerns.
- Be aware of the importance of maintaining a child focus.
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of the actions to take in the event of suspected abuse.
The course is easy to use and consists of seven short modules and a final assessment to check your learning. In addition to the general introduction to child protection training, the course is also available in sector specific versions: for education, dental and sports personnel. These sector specific courses include relevant professional guidance, cases studies and scenarios to make the learning more relevant.