The aim of the Introduction to Adult/Child Protection course is to provide a basic introduction to safeguarding of both children and vulnerable adults. It focuses on recognising abuse and the actions to take when it is suspected.
There are two versions of the course – the first is the generic course suitable for everyone. The second variant has been created specifically with dentists in mind and should be taken by all and any dental staff.
On completion of this course the learner will:
- Have a general awareness of the range of legislation and guidance surrounding safeguarding.
- Be able to define the different types of abuse.
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of the range of indicators of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Be aware of the effects of personal values and attitudes towards abuse.
- Understand their responsibility to report concerns.
- Be aware of the importance of maintaining a person centred approach.
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of the actions to take in the event of suspected abuse.
For further information click here.