Our Further Child Protection training courses are designed for people taking on the Designated Professional role for safeguarding within an organisation or for those who wish to gain a deeper knowledge of child protection. The Introduction to Child Protection training course is a prerequisite to taking the Further course as it is the combined knowledge gained from both courses which will assist you to fulfil the role of Designated Professional.
The online Further Child Protection Course takes about 2 hours to complete and covers:
- What is involved in the role of a designated professional
- Child protection legislation and processes: including early help assessments and the Common assessment framework.
- Information sharing
- Working with both statutory and non-statutory agencies
- Identifying concerns/making referrals
- Handling allegations and complaints
To see a full breakdown of the course click here.