As part of a schools child protection responsibilities all teachers and school staff are required to have child protection training. The training should as a minimum ensure that teachers have:
- An understanding of safeguarding issues including the causes of abuse and neglect
- Are able to identify the signs and indicators of abuse
- Know how to respond effectively when they have concerns and know that they have a responsibility to report any concerns immediately
- Know how to respond to a disclosure appropriately
The ChildProtectionCompany.com has two on-line course specifically written for teachers, governors and school staff:
- The Introduction to Child Protection Course is suitable for all and covers legislation and guidance, the different types of child abuse, the range of indicators of abuse and neglect, together with responsibilities for reporting concerns.
- The Leading on Child Protection Course has been specifically developed for the senior designated person and deputy within a school/college. This course covers child protection policies and procedures, identifying concerns, handling allegations and complaints and how and when to make referrals.
Both these child protection training courses are on-line so can be taken at any time of day and started and stopped as many time as needed. This flexibility means teachers are able to take the course at a time that suits them, without disturbing the teaching day. The learning management system provided by ChildProtectionCompany.com gives an easy to use central training record, excellent for ensuring training is kept up to date and as evidence in Ofsted inspections.