Safeguarding remains a very important duty of schools and all who work in them. Working Together 2013 states that organisations, including schools, should have in place arrangements that reflect the importance of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including:
- a senior board level lead to take leadership responsibility for the organisation’s safeguarding arrangements;
- a culture of listening to children and taking account of their wishes and feelings
- arrangements which set out clearly the processes for sharing information
- a designated professional lead for safeguarding. Their role is to support others to recognise the needs of children, including rescue from possible abuse or neglect
- safe recruitment practices for individuals whom the organisation will permit to work regularly with children
- appropriate supervision and support for staff, including undertaking safeguarding training
- employers are responsible for ensuring that their staff are competent to carry out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and feel supported in their safeguarding role
- staff should be given a mandatory induction, which includes familiarisation with child protection responsibilities and procedures to be followed if anyone has any concerns about a child’s safety or welfare
Our online Child Protection training courses help you ensure that all school staff are competent to carry out their responsibilities for safeguarding by undertaking safeguarding training. Because the training is online it can be accessed immediately and at any time making it an easy method of ensuring familiarisation with child protection responsibilities at the time of induction.
Courses available include:
Introduction to Child Protection training course has a specific education version aimed at teachers and school staff. The course is in line with the latest government guidance Working Together to safeguard Children 2013 and other statutory guidance such as Keeping Children Safe in Education, 2014
The Further Child Protection course is designed for those taking the role of the designated professional for safeguarding within an organisation, or those wishing to extend their knowledge on this important subject. This course covers the principal elements of training for designated members of staff as specified in the Ofsted briefing (Annex 3).
We also provide a learning management system which provides the school with an easy to use central training record which can quickly and simply provide evidence of training – useful for Ofsted inspections as one headteacher experienced:
“I have been very impressed with the courses provided by the Child Protection Company. I needed to provide training to a large number of primary school staff and your online courses were an efficient and effective way of doing this. I was able to track and monitor individual staff progress through to completion of each course. I was also able to provide detailed information to Ofsted during our inspection and received very positive feedback. I would not hesitate to recommend your company and will certainly use you again to meet future training needs.”
Julie Wilson, Snaresbrook Primary School