Childminders must, due to the nature of their work, take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in their care. Often working alone Childminders need to understand the issues around child abuse and neglect, where they can go for advice, support and to report concerns. The Child Protection Training for Childminders online course has been written to provide a convenient and cost-effective way for childminders, and their assistants, to gain knowledge of this important topic and to ensure they are aware of the latest Child Protection practices and procedures. The course covers the latest statutory guidance from Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013.
On completion of the Child Protection Training for Childminders course the learner will be able to:
- Relate to the range of legislation and guidance surrounding safeguarding and the protection of children and young people.
- Demonstrate an understanding of statutory and non-statutory roles in protecting children.
- Describe their own role and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection.
- Define the different types of child abuse and the associated indicators.
- Ensure that good practice in regard to safeguarding and child protection is embedded within their working practices.
- Be able to deal with safeguarding concerns and referrals.
- Ensure access to adequate advice, support, information, instruction and training for themself and others with whom you may be working.
- Be able to respond to allegations and complaints.
For further information on this Child Protection training course click here.