In association with the British Equestrian Federation the ChildProtectionCompany.com has a child protection course written specifically for people who volunteer in the equestrian sector. Everyone who volunteers or works with children has responsibilities and a key role in the prevention, or early identification, of the signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect. If you volunteer for a riding stable, riding club, pony club or any other equestrian setting this is the child protection course for you.
This online course consists of seven modules:
- Pre-Coures assessment – test your knowledge.
- Overview – learn about the importance of child protection.
- Legislation and guidance – the law and guidance which applies to equestrian volunteers. The module outlines your safeguarding responsibilities.
- What is Child Abuse – the definitions of the different types of abuse.
- Signs and indicators of abuse – how to recognise some of the signs of abuse.
- Maintaining a Child Focus – why it is important to be child centred when considering a child’s safety and welfare.
- Responding to Concerns – the correct action to take it you have concerns about a child.
The course includes links to relevant documents and websites and the modules include equestrian specific scenarios and ‘Test Yourself’ quizzes to make the learning relevant and specific to you.
For further details or to purchase this child protection course click here.