The Child Protection for Childminders training course has been specifically written for childminders by child protection experts and a leading Childminders Association. It gives childminders and their assistants the knowledge and tools to help them fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities. The course is in line with Ofsted’s requirements, Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013 and the EYFS Statutory Framework (paragraph 3.6).
This convenient on-line course takes between one and two hours to complete and covers:
- legislation and guidance
- different types of child abuse
- how to recognise abuse and neglect
- child protection policies and procedures
- identifying concerns
- handling allegations and complaints
- the roles of statutory bodies
- working with other agencies
- how and when to make referrals
Downloads, sample policies and links to useful documents are provided within the course and remain accessible for the two year validity of your training certificate.
For further details on this training please click here.