Ofsted has released updated documents in January 2013 for Childminders and Yearly Years providers.
One document: Records, policies and notification requirements of the Early Years Register is a fact sheet setting out which written records and policies childminders must keep. This fact sheet is designed to assists childminders to ensure they meet the legal requirements of the Childcare Act 2006 and the safeguarding, welfare, learning and development needs of young children; as set out in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Documentation childminders are required to maintain include records of:
- complaints received and their outcomes
- parental permission for outings
- personal information and contact details for each child in their care
- all medicines administered to children
- accidents and first aid treatment provided to children whilst in their care
- each child’s dietary needs.