If you work in a school or education setting how can you be sure that all the necessary child protection requirements are being fulfilled?
Assured Safeguarding “ Ensuring that leaders know that children are being kept safe”, is a booklet produced for leaders in schools and early years settings. Produced by safeguarding leads and the SHA in the East Midlands it poses questions to help leaders reflect on how they know whether their management procedures assure them that children are being kept safe.
Questions for Head teachers & leaders include:
- How do I know that all staff give priority to keeping children safe and feeling safe?
- Am I confident that policy and procedures follow the Local Safeguarding Children Board and Local Authority guidance? When were they last updated?
- What do I do to ensure we are working well with other agencies?
- How do I make sure that relationships with parents and carers help us to keep children safe?
- Do I have a clear, robust communication policy and procedures for staff, pupils, parents and carers?
- How do I ensure that all staff checks have been carried out?
- What processes do I have in place for the early identification of vulnerable children and young people?
- Do I know that all staff have received the appropriate level of training?
- How do I know that this training is helping to keep children safe?
- What do I do to help staff understand that safeguarding is our core business?
Helping Schools meet their Child Protection responsibilities
ChildProtectionCompany.com provides a range of resources specifically written for schools and educational settings to enable child protection responsibilities to be fulfilled. These resources include:
- Online and face to face child protection training at both an introductory and advanced (lead role) level
- Support packages with comprehensive checklists and policy documents
- e-Safety training for school staff and a separate online awareness programme for parents.
- DBS (formely CRB) checks via our partner company