Statistics published on 8th October show:
- Between April and September 2012 Cafcass received a total of 5,374 applications.
- This figure is nearly 8% (7.9%) higher when compared to the same period last year.
- Applications received during all months bar June this financial year have been the highest ever recorded by Cafcass for these individual months.
- The 982 applications received in both May 2012 and July 2012 were the highest ever recorded for a single month.
- The comparatively lower demand in June 2012 is believed to be due to the lack of working days available due to the special bank holidays this year.