The Department of Education have published The young Persons Guide to the Children and Families Bill. The Bill, which is not yet agreed, will include reform to systems for adoption, family justice and improved services for vulnerable children.
Taken for the DoE website the Guide is described as:
This Guide is a good summary of what young people need to know is in the Bill. It is not the law or the Bill itself. It explains what will change for children and families if the Bill gets agreed.
- The Bill’s main ideas
- What the new law would change about adoption
- What the new law would change for looked after children at school
- What the new law would change about family courts
- What the new law would change for children and young people with special educational needs
- What the new law would change about helping parents by caring for children outside school
- How the new law would change the Children’s Commissioner
- What the new law would change for parents when they have a new child
- How the new law would help people fit their work times around other things in their lives
- What next?