The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has announced it will begin a review of the child protection arrangements of healthcare providers from next week. This will include GP’s, health visitors, school nurses, hospitals and mental health services
Inspectors will check:
• Do health staff have the right training?
• Are professionals making timely and accurate referrals to mental health and substance misuse services?
• Do acute services have alert systems to identify and track children considered to be at risk?
• Do children in care have their health needs assessed and managed?
• Are services generally safe, effective, caring, well-led and responsive to children’s needs?
(Source: Community care)
Further details are available on the CQC website.