Can you tell the difference between a child protection myth or fact? On occasion, personal prejudices and assumptions may cloud our judgements and we may not always see and hear things in a child-centred manner. Thinking about your own attitudes to child abuse, consider whether the following statements are always true.
- Homosexual men are more likely to sexually abuse than heterosexual men.
- Children in single parent families are more likely to be neglected
- Abuse very rarely happens in respectable families.
- Children of same sex parents are likely to be subjected to sexual abuse
- Abuse doesn’t affect a child with learning disabilities as much as it does a non disabled child.
Do you agree or disagree with these statements? or are you not sure?
To find out the correct answer look out for our next blog post.