If you work or volunteer with both children and adults at risk (vulnerable adults) then you have a duty to be aware of safeguarding issues for both children and adults. Our combined Adult/Child protection courses allow you to learn about both vulnerable groups in one combined training course. These combined courses offer excellent value for money as you effectively get two courses for the price of one.
On completion of the introductory level course you will:
- Have a general awareness of the range of legislation and guidance surrounding safeguarding children and adults.
- Be able to define the different types of abuse, including domestic violence.
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of the range of indicators of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Be aware of the effects of your personal values and attitudes towards abuse.
- Understand your responsibility to report concerns.
- Be aware of the importance of maintaining a person centred approach.
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of the actions to take in the event of suspected abuse.
For further details of these Adult/Child Protection courses click here.